Nursing Home/Long Term Care/
The help you need. The independence you want.
Parker’s nursing home emphasizes the importance of a warm, caring environment and quality of life. Experienced long term care professionals develop individualized care plans for each resident, and highly trained interdisciplinary teams regularly review progress and resident satisfaction.
Residents at Parker receive the personal care and assistance they need, and the range of activities and stimulation they desire. Long term care at Parker is distinguished by:
- Physicians and Registered Nurses on-duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy that help optimize recovery
- Specialized treatments to deal with tracheotomies, I.V. therapy, chemotherapy, recovery from head and neck surgery, and wound care management
- An on-site Medical Diagnostic Pavilion, including dentistry, ophthalmology, ear-nose-throat, radiology, orthopedics, podiatry and audiology
- The on-site, professionally staffed Parker Pharmacy
- Psychiatric and psychological services
- Breath for Life pulmonary rehabilitation services
- Highly trained, licensed Social Workers
- A Concierge Program that eases the transition from hospital or home
- Therapeutic recreation activities that provide daily social, creative and intellectual stimulation
- Full-service beauty salon and barber services
- Excellent dining and nutrition services, including restaurant-style buffet dining
- Evening snacks and happy hours
- Multi-denominational chapel for weekly religious services and festivals
- A meditation suite
- A cozy family lounge and outdoor patios
- A unique "24-hour Hotline" to senior management, to answer questions or concerns of patients/residents and family members
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care, private pay and many insurance plans are accepted.
For further information and admissions, call 718-289-2163 or 718-289-2164.